|This grainy frame was snapped just after midnight on January 1st, 2014.|
The other evening Juliette and I were talking about how 2014 met, exceeded, and failed our expectations. I got to thinking about how being B.R.A.V.E. meant a lot of things for me personally and maritally and how much I feel like I've grown in the madness of the year. I realize I'm proud of 2014. So, please grant me patience while I brag a bit:
- I blogged about hard things and silly things and life things and food things.
- We bought a house (which was cool) and then remodeled it (which was crazy) and then made it the #ThomasHouse2014 (which we love).
- I made friends and lost them.
- We worked and worked and worked and it paid for a trip to Costa Rica.
- I launched Milking Stool Ministries, enjoyed it, then got worn out and stopped.
- "Dear Jason" marriage letters became verbal Polaroids of our marriage each month.
- I finally wrote the book that I've been dreaming about for two years. Draft one: done.
- Hazel became even more spoiled and beloved.
- Jason broke the garage door and yet we won.
- Jason ditched my fun car for a mom car and I fell in love.
- The reading bug bit me again (thanks to Semi-Charmed Kind of Life) and I've loved every letter of it.
- We started taking coffee dates and ya'll loved it almost as much as I do.
And so, the fun part that involves your participation: on December 29th (A MONDAY) we're going to host a link-up. A fortunate link up full of fortunes for the New Year! T
These can be personal predictions or pop culture or sports or, well, really you can predict anything (except that I am going to have triplets or quadruplets or any amount of babies in a quantity larger than two because that is TERRIFYING TO THINK).
So, December 29th. Put it on your calendars. AND THEN JOIN.
Here's a button for you:
This is Zoltar. He is the king of giving out fortunes. So when you're struggling to come up with something, wrap a towel around your hair and put lasers in your eyes (just kidding) and you'll surely have all the answers in the land.
|| via ||
But really, do you remember that movie Big with Tom Hanks and Zoltar? Because it was one of my favorites as a kid but now I wonder if I could go back in time (like a reverse of the movie) and be a kid again because of a Zoltar who fortunes me at a fair.
See ya'll on the 29th!