So, today I document the things I've learned since July 1st and tomorrow I soak in the inaugural day of August.
1. Being brave is rewarding. Brave on all fronts. Mostly, social fronts this month. I made a new friend at a party that is going to come over and hang out. I reached out to one of my favorite bloggers online and she was more beautiful than I expected. I reconnected with decades old friends over a book and loved it.
2. I don't miss shopping as much as I thought. But I'm only three weeks into this five month fast. Oh Lord, help me.
3. Boldness in prayer. Because God listens. And He answers. Sometimes you have to start taking the steps and then He swoops in and blesses that action.
4. As much as I adore weddings for the love and the flowers and the lace, the dancing is undeniably my favorite. Seriously, this girl tore up the dance floor until the live band hit midnight and were done with their set. Talk about a Sad Sally.
7. Louis Armstrong has a voice of golden sunshine. Seriously, it feels to my ears like the warmth of the summer sun on my skin.
8. Growing up a wanted to be a princess. Now, as a grown up, I, more specifically, want to be Princess Kate Middleton who can walk out of an English hospital looking glamorous less than 24 hours after giving birth. Girl, GIVE ME YOUR SECRETS.
9. Passive aggressive behaviors irks me to no end. Especially in men. (Not my husband kind of men, more like in coworkers kind of men) Seriously dude, just say what you want, or don't and get over it.
10. Family vacation is soul-filling. A break from the hum-drum that can make up every day life is necessary. And who better to fill that break with than your own genes. Summer beach trip, you went too fast and you will re-arrive too slow for my taste.
Farewell July. August, here you come. Memories -good and bad- fill you from years past and, yet, I look forward to your adventures.
Want to share your lessons? Head here.
Or just leave a little something in the comments.