Hi, my name is Amber.
And I'm late.
Yep, I was supposed to share this on Monday or Tuesday...
Here we are Thursday and I'm finally getting around to it.
Not because I haven't been rocking the pots and pans in my kitchen
(I have some exciting recipes I can't wait to share)
but because... I'm just enjoying time with Mr. T more.
I got really frustrated with myself in the last couple weeks.
I would go to bed at night feeling like I didn't make enough of an effort to connect with Mr. T.
I'd be too tired to giggle and joke with him
and would just lazily lull off to sleep.
Instead of going through our daily thanks and enjoying our nightly prayers,
I'd just read a few pages of my book and pay a visit to Mr. Sandman.
I'm glad I caught myself.
But it's taking time from other places in my life.
And, to be honest, I'm completely okay with it.
Hopefully your heart isn't aching too much for me in my absence.
P.S. He has enjoyed the time just as much as I have.
I came up with this meat-free number to share with all of you!
Mr. T loves himself some caprese.
Mozarella and tomatoes with a sprinkle of basil just makes him happy!
He believes a good caprese is good with anything...
Tacos, Chinese, Spaghetti, all things and everything.
I respectfully disagree.
Pasta A La Caprese
(with homemade pesto)
Handful (or 2) of Spinach
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
5 Basil Leaves
Drizzle of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 cloves minced garlic
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
2. Pulse until made into a nice paste.
3. Taste for flavor.
4. Add what's needed (if anything).
5. Serve as a dip or over pasta or on pizza or foccacia...
The options are endless!
As for the pasta...
It's pretty simple really.
Pasta A La Caprese
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
(I used some yellow and some red... Whatever suits your fancy)
1/2 containter of Ciliegine Mozzarella
(That's the size, not the brand name... They're cherry sized balls of cheesy goodness)
1/2 box of pasta (of your liking)
Drizzle of olive oil
Dash of salt
1. In pot of water, add dash of salt and drizzle of olive oil.
2. Cook pasta as package directs.
3. While pasta cooks, make pesto and half tomatoes.
4. When pasta is al dente, strain and put back in pot without heat.
5. Add tomatoes, pesto, and mozzarella.
6. Stir it up so everything gets coated in the spinachy wonder.
7. Serve and enjoy with a glass of fine Italian wine!