While we were in Hawaii
(Trip 2.0: just three short months after we honeymooned there!)
celebrating my parents' 25th Anniversary,
Mr. T and I developed a crazy, unfounded, easily misunderstood addiction to coconut syrup.
This stuff became a staple in our breakfast routine.
We bought a bottle of it to hold us over on the mainland.
However, it didn't last for long.
We amazoned it... And for a whopping $27 we could have a second bottle.
So, I became obsessed with making my own.
1 can of coconut milk
3/4 cup maple syrup
(or maple sugar)
1. Add ingredients to small sauce pan over medium heat.
2. Stir together to taste.
3. Remove from heat and serve over amazing macadamia french toast.
(I like my syrup warm that's why it's heated on the stovetop...
If you could careless about that then go ahead and skip it)
Is your mouth watering yet?
And I ate these already!
Macadamia Nut French Toast
6 slices of bread
(sourdough, french, wheat... Whatever you'd like!)
1/3 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
1/3 cup shredded coconut
(sweetened or unsweetened, you take your pick)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut milk
1. Whisk eggs, about half of the shredded coconut, cinnamon, and milk in a shallow bowl.
(remember, you're going to dip your bread in there!)
2. Heat pan over medium high heat.
3. Drop the bread slices into egg mixture making sure both sides are covered.
4. Place slathered bread into heated pan.
5. Let cook about 4 minutes on one side, then flip and let the other side cook.
6. Serve on a plate, covered in coconut syrup, garnished with
chopped macadamia nuts and the extra shredded coconut.
This (not-so-French) toast is nothing short of addictive.
No joke, I'm not a French toast girl and I crave this dish.