Last week I challenged myself by straying away from cheesey proteins...
But this week, I am deep in the throes of cheesey goodness!
I've never met a Mexican dish I haven't loved.
And melty cheese always adds another layer of deliciousness.
Add some eggs and I'm won over!
Mr. Thomas isn't a huge fan of eggs
(stemming from his intense weight lifting period where egg whites made up his entire diet)
but this dish got a two thumbs up, with a side of double servings!
Chile Relleno Quiche
4 pasilla (or pablano) chiles
1 round of queso fresco
1 cup of grated Mexican cheese blend
1/2 cup milk
1. Heat broiler to high and pop chiles in.
2. When chiles skin is charred, remove from broiler and seal in a plastic bag.
3. Set oven to 425F.
4. Let steam for 10 minutes in plastic bag.
5. Remove chiles from bag and remove charred skins.
6. Slice chiles down center on one side.
7. Cut queso fresco into sections and stuff with queso fresco.
8. Place chiles in a greased casserole.
9. Whisk eggs, milk, and 1/2 cheese blend in a bowl. Pour over stuffed chiles.
10. Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
11. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
12. Bake for 15 more minutes.
13. Remove and let stand for 5 minutes.
Serve with some salsa, sour cream, and cilantro to garnish.
You're going to love it!