Just about a few weeks ago, I met and ingested my first scone.
Yep, 22 year old Amber meet scone.
Scone meet Amber... oh wait, you're all gone except for a crumb or two.
That scone never stood a chance.
My love affair with scones started fast and boy did I fall hard.
As great as Starbucks makes them, I wanted to make and master the art of scones.
Well, it didn't take much to "master" scone-making.
Let me just share with you... These are irresistible!
Looking good aren't they?
Well, Mr. Thomas inhaled two of them before church on Sunday and when I came out
to blend up my morning smoothie, he was sitting in a scone-induced coma on the couch.
When he finally came to, all he could manage was,
"Amber, I'm so sconed."
What a lovely little pun, right?
I know, get on with it already, we're hungry for a recipe.
Zesty Raspberry Scones
2 cups flour
1 cup sour cream or yogurt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
Zest from 1 orange
1 cup frozen raspberries
(If you want to go with fresh pop them in the freezer
to keep them together during mixing)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a bowl blend the sour cream and baking soda.
3. In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt.
4. Cut in the butter.
5. Stir the sour cream/baking soda mixture into the flour.
6. Add the egg and stir until doughy.
7. Stir in the raspberries and orange zest.
8. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface.
9. Break off small pieces of dough and roll into a ball.
10. Drop on a greased baking sheet.
11. Bake 15 minutes in the oven or until golden brown.
One more picture for the road...
These scones taste best with a cup of fresh brewed coffee...
Or cocoa or cider or tea!