Remember how I talked about the awkward moment where your recipe rocks
but coming up with a fitting name doesn't? Well, again, I'm in a recipe naming quandary!
(Good thing it's not time to have a baby or imagine that struggle!)
Mr. Thomas adored these puppies and couldn't seem to get enough of them.
*Talk about a compliment!*
8 strips bacon
1 large chicken breast
2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon soy sauce
A shake or two of red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. In a small bowl combine dijon mustard, syrup, soy sauce, and pepper flakes.
3. Whisk until well blended.
(I have this urge to say heterogenous throughout but know that's too biology nerd girl)
4. Cut the chicken breast into small strips.
5. Grease a glass baking pan.
6. Wrap each one piece of chicken with one strip of bacon.
7. Place in pan and repeat until chicken and/or bacon are gone.
8. Brush with mustardy marinade.
9. Bake in oven for 35 or 40 minutes (just keep an eye on the bacon for your liking)
brushing every ten minutes.
10. Remove and let cool.
(Brush with any last marinade you have)
We had these savory chicken bites with a kale, grape, bacon salad and yum!
They'd be a perfect part of a Superbowl meal (hint, hint) and,
no doubt, a major hit with the guys!