The earthy flavor of beets has J and I addicted... I don't know how we're ever going to get over this one, but thankfully, beets aren't big on going out of season!
Citrus Beet Ginger Salad
- 2 bunches beets (about 5 or 6 medium beets)
- 3 tangelos
- 2 Tablespoons ginger
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 f.
- Cut the beets in half and then slice the halves into quarter inch thick slices.
- Place the sliced beets in a glass baking pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover the top of the pan with tin foil and place in the oven.
- Let cook for 40 minutes or until the slices are tender to a poke with a fork.
- Remove from oven and let stand until cool.
- Drain juice into a medium bowl.
- Add the 1/4 cup cider vinegar, 1/4 cup sugar, and ginger to the juice in bowl and whisk.
- Peel the tangelos and break in half.
- Slice halves in quarter inch slices.
- Place beet and tangelo slices in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing mix from step 8 over the beets and oranges.