S'mores were my favorite part of having a camp fire growing up. I would eat them until I felt like the sugar was exploding my brain... (They were definitely secretly sneaked because my doting parents would only allow SOOO many to be eaten!)
Here is the oh-so-delicious treat transformed to an easily portable cookie form!
(adapted from Cookies Madness)
- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (I bought these pre-crumbled in the baking aisle... YES!)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 Hershey bars, broken into little pieces (I'll explain this more later)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture, and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, graham crackers, salt, and baking soda and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use 2 tablespoons or a medium-sized ice cream scoop to drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7 minutes and remove from oven.
- Push a few marshmallows into each cookie.
- Break the Hershey bar on the lines of the little segments. Then break the segments in half.
- Push the chocolate into each cookie and return to the oven to bake an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when the marshmallows are puffy and a little bit browned.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Pour yourself a glass of milk and enjoy the deliciousness!